River City Crew
Richmond Virginia Rowing Club
Row With Us
River City Crew is a 501(c)3 non-profit youth rowing program for 8th - 12th grade students in the Richmond, Virginia area. RCC is open to all students, including public, private and home schooled students. RCC rows on the James River at Robious Landing Park in Chesterfield County and competes at regattas in Virginia and the Mid-Atlantic Region in the fall and spring seasons and holds summer camps for both beginning and experienced rowers and sculling lessons.
SUMMER SCULLING SEASON CONTINUES UNTIL AUGUST 21st
Open to all rowers, beginner scullers to advanced and Learn-to-Row.
All sculling will be in singles in order to achieve social distancing
and ease of disinfecting of equipment.
RCC YOUTH SUMMER SCULLING SCULLING INFO
RCC Summer Sculling starts June 1st. It will run Monday - Saturday for 10-12 weeks during the months of June, July & August. There will be 5 sessions/day, both beginner and advanced.
All sessions will be in small groups of 6 rowers in singles only. There will be a coach w/launch assigned to each group.
REGISTRATIONS SHOULD BE MADE IN THE NAME OF THE ROWER, NOT THE PARENT. After registering login and click on the PROFILE. Under Personal Info click on Additional Members in Your Account and add parents as SECONDARY MEMBERS. This will add you to the Club email list.
Registration for all sessions will be on the RCC website under SCULLING SCHEDULER. The info & rules for summer sculling are as follows:
- All rowers must be members of RCC in order to scull and use RCC equipment. New rowers can join RCC on our website by clicking on JOIN US & MEMBER SIGNUP, joining under new membership and paying the INITIAL MEMBERSHIP FEE online. The membership fee is $30/Family. Rowers who have rowed for RCC in past seasons are already members. New rowers who signed up for Learn-to-Row in the spring are already signed up as members and the membership fee was part of their signup fee.
- Rowers who are new to RCC should contact Coach O'Rourke at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fees for sculling are on a per row basis at $22/session. Spring Season rowers and those previously signed up for LTR have a credit on their account which will go towards sculling fees until used up. Once the credit is used and for new rowers payment is done online during registration. Multiple sessions can be paid for by clicking on the CART in the upper right corner. All sessions must be paid for in advance.
- Rowers may sign up for sessions 7 days in advance (LTR may sign up 14 days in advance) and may initially sign up for 3 sessions/week. Rowers may sign up additional sessions after 7PM the night before if there are openings.
- Rowers may sign up for Advanced (with coach permission) or Beginner sessions. Do not sign up for Advanced sessions unless you are a proficient sculler with a good amount of time in racing shells. If you are unsure sign up for the Beginner sessions to start. You can always switch with the coach's permission after proving proficiency. Boats will be assigned at the beginning of each session. LTR sessions will be open for beginner rowers if there is room.
- Advanced scullers will row in racing sculls and Beginners and LTR will be in training sculls to start. Rowers must prove sculling proficiency and pass a flip test before being allowed in racing sculls.
- There will be 3 Beginner Sessions and 2 Advanced Sessions to start. RCC Scullers who have raced can sign up for Advanced Session I. Sessions will be set up in order to keep scullers with the same proficiency grouped together as much as possible. Coaches may move scullers to different groups in deemed necessary. As scullers become more proficient we will switch to 3 Advanced Sessions and 2 Beginner/LTR Sessions.
- All rowers and a parent must agree to and have signed the RCC Liability Waiver and the RCC Covid-19 Liability Waiver in order to row.
- All rowers and parents must read and agree to the RCC Covid-19 Cleaning Protocols. Rowers must wear masks and practice Social Distancing while at the boathouse, including while at the dock. Rowers without a mask will be sent home. Any rower not adhering to these policies will be suspended from rowing.
Please keep in mind that this is a new schedule and registration portal for RCC and thus there may be some glitches during the first couple of weeks. Be patient and contact us if necessary.
All Questions about the Summer Sculling Session should be addressed to Coach O'Rourke.
Practice, Regatta and activity attendance constitutes consent for use of any photographs, video, recordings, or any other record of this event with you in it for any legitimate purpose by River City Crew Inc.
Learn To Row
Middle & High School Rowing