Starts Monday, June 27.
Open to all rowers, beginner to advanced and Learn-to-Row.
Advanced Sculling is from 6-8AM, Advanced/Intermediate Sweep is 7-9AM & Beginner/LTR is 8-10AM.
All sculling will be in singles or doubles in order to achieve social distancing
and ease of disinfecting of equipment.
Larger boats, eights and fours will be used for sweep rowing and LTR.
RCC YOUTH SUMMER SESSION INFO
RCC Summer Sessions start June 27th. It will run Monday - Friday for 10-12 weeks during the months of June, July & August. There will be 3 sessions/day, both beginner and advanced.
Sculling sessions will be in small groups of 6-9 scullers only. Sweep rowing sessions for experienced and LTR will be in fours and eights with a larger number of rowers. There will be a coach w/launch assigned to each group.
REGISTRATIONS SHOULD BE MADE IN THE NAME OF THE ROWER, NOT THE PARENT. After registering, login and click on the PROFILE. Under Personal Info click on "Additional Members in Your Account" and add parents as SECONDARY MEMBERS. This will add you to the Club email list.
Registration for all sessions will be on the RCC website under ROWING/SCULLING SCHEDULER. The info & rules for summer sculling and sweep rowing are as follows:
- All rowers must be members of RCC in order to row and use RCC equipment. New rowers can join RCC on our website by clicking on JOIN US & MEMBER SIGNUP, joining under new membership and paying the INITIAL MEMBERSHIP FEE online. There is a one-time membership fee of $30/Family. Rowers who have rowed for RCC in past seasons are already members. Upon paying the Initial Membership Fee the membership will be changed to Summer Session.
- Rowers who are new to RCC should contact Coach O'Rourke at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fees for Summer Sessions are on a per row basis at $25/session. Payment is done online during registration. Multiple sessions can be paid for by clicking on the CART in the upper right corner. All sessions must be paid for in advance.
- Rowers may sign up for sessions 7 days in advance (LTR may sign up 14 days in advance) and may initially sign up for 3 sessions/week. Rowers may sign up additional sessions after 7PM the night before if there are openings.
- Rowers may sign up for Advanced (with coach permission) or Beginner sessions. Do not sign up for Advanced sessions unless you are a proficient sculler/rower with a good amount of time in racing shells. If you are unsure contact the coach or sign up for the Beginner sessions to start. You can always switch with the coach's permission after proving proficiency. Boats will be assigned at the beginning of each session. LTR sessions will be open for beginner rowers if there is room.
- Advanced scullers will row in racing sculls and Beginners and LTR will start in training sculls and move into sweep boats. Rowers must prove sculling proficiency and pass a flip test before being allowed in racing sculls.
- There will be 3 Session/ per day - Sculling (6-8), Experienced (7-9) & LTR/Beginner (8-10)
- We row "rain or shine". If a session is cancelled by RCC the fee will be credited to your account to be used for another session.
- All rowers and a parent must agree to and have signed the RCC Liability Waiver and the RCC Covid-19 Liability Waiver in order to row.
- Upon participating in the RCC Summer Sessions new rowers will be able to join the RCC Fall and Spring Sessions and race in regattas with the club.
Please keep in mind that this is a new schedule and registration portal for RCC and thus there may be some glitches/changes during the first couple of weeks. Be patient and contact us if necessary.
All Questions about the Summer Sculling Session should be addressed to Coach O'Rourke.